Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vocals - "A Typical Wednesday"

Well I did finally get the vocals started on the Scotch 45 session tonight. Screw the end of the construction around the studio - it was time to sing. I started on "A Typical Wednesday", which is a fairly brief song, with a bit of a Beatles "Getting Better" vibe to it. The lead vocal went down with only a couple patches and then I built up a double-track for the choruses and finally four tracks of backing vocals that come in on the bridge from Chorus to verse. It took about an hour and a half to track.

I started in on "Falling Apart At The Seams" but the lead vocal is kind of precise and I'm not hearing it all that well right now, so I stepped away and will pick it up tomorrow night.

I am really going to try and get these vocals done in short order while my voice is pretty strong, so I plan on singing for the next two nights and seeing what damage I can do!

Cheers! - Jer

No comments: