Monday, June 29, 2009

Sing, baby! Sing!

Since my last check in, I've made a lot of progress (finally) on the vocals. The following songs are in the can, ready for drums and the final mix:
  • "A Typical Wednesday"
  • "Falling Apart At The Seams"
  • "Raindrops Falling Down"
  • "Girl"
  • "While I Was Gone"
These tunes represent an average of five vocal performances per tune (lead vocal, some doubling leads, and up to three-part backing vocals). I had a good night last week where I actually got almost three entire tunes in the can in about five hours before my voice gave out.

All the vocals are being done through a Berhinger B1 condenser mic set at cardiod and prerouted through a Mackie board where compression and limiting are added, then into ProTools where additional compression and limiting are added. It's sounding rather nice!

Started working on "Hole In My Heart" tonight after I finished "While I Was Gone", but my voice started to give, so I hung it up.

Five in the can - I'm halfway home!

Cheers!

No comments: