Friday, July 10, 2009

"Love Is A Heavy Load" vocals completed

Just like the title says, making good progress now that I'm back from Arizona and back focused again. This song took a lot of takes to complete. It's a single, intimate vocal and since it is so out front in the song, I tried to pay attention to every nuance of the notes I was singing.

I don't talk about it a lot, but it's difficult to produce, engineer and record yourself. The thought processes for each skill are not exactly similar. Producers want something interesting and powerful happening in each song - making the most of the moment. Engineers just want it to technically sound right and to technically capture the intent of the producer. The performer just wants to play the best they can. Sometimes the producer is an ass and and I just want to go home - or the take is perfect, but the engineer screwed it up...

Well, at least I wont have to work with these clowns on this session for too much longer!

No comments: